Thursday 1 April 2010

Evaluation Question 4

How did you use media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages??

Throughout the enitre media project i have used a number of media technologies. Each was used for different stages and different areas. I feel that the different programs I used helped me to produce a successful piece of work.

For the research stages of our project I used the internet a lot. Sites such as YouTube and Wikipedia allowed me to do relevant research with helped me in the production of my work. I got to see exisiting products, information about music and what makes a good product.

The only media technology I used in the planning stages was Celtx. I used this in my planning stages, as it allowed my to make a detailed storyboard. This program gave me a chance to bring in pictures, choose what camera shots i wanted and add descriptions. I found it easy to plan out how i wanted my video to flow, it also gave me the option to go back and make changes, where as without this technology i would have drawn this plan out, and changes would have been hard to make.


Once I had moved onto the construction of my project i needed to learn how the camera equipment. The camera I used was very professional and I feel this showed in the quality of my video. At first i found the camera difficult to work with but after a few tries i was able to see what worked well and how the camera should be used. This technology allowed me to watch back and re-do areas of my work. It also helped my to produce my steady camera shots.


After shooting my film all the media technology was to edited my film and produce the supporting products. Premier Pro proved very succesful as an editing program. It provided me with the relevent effects and a self explanatory set up. This helped me with my confidence and allowed me to experiment with a number of ideas. We were also using Mac computers which are known for there success in editing programs.
 



I used photoshop for both of my supporting products. Photoshop is a very successful program and enables you to manipulate images to become what you want them to be. Although I sometimes find the tools hard to work out, you always have a professional finish when using the program. I feel like this program gives you the independence to make a piece as individual as you want it. I think photoshop benefitted me greatly as it allowed me to gradually build my products whilst taking away and adding new ideas as I went.




For me to be able to produce my supporting products i first needed to take images that i would be able to include. The camera I used was a Digital SlR. It is one of my own and i am very familiar with it. This enabled me to experiment with different shot, distances and lighting until i came to the photo i wanted. It was also nice having different settings on the camera to see if any f this complimented the photo.

During all three of these stages i have been keeping a detailed blog, outlining my prgression throughout the course. This blog shows all areas of, research, planning and construction. I found blogger a good way to look back at my work and develop my ideas or refresh my memory. The site also allowed my to upload my video for others to view and comment. This helped me evaluate my work and look for areas of improvement.




As well as posting my video on Blogger I also posted my final piece on Facebook, the popular social networking site. On here others, rather than just media students were able to comment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment